Friday, October 1, 2010

New Friday five....

2010
Friday Five: Cruise Ship Ministry
Thanks to our Kathrynzj for today's Friday Five. She says: ...for today's Friday 5 I thought we'd hit on the things that give us energy in ministry and the things that take it away:
(Please note that I am not in paid ministry but a layperson...!)

1) What are a few of the tasks that you find tedious/energy sucking in your ministry position? Please note I said 'tasks' not people :) Meetings where people just gab when we are supposed to be studying the Word. For a while I did the Daughters meeting lesson and nobody gabbed (do you suppose that is because I am a professional teacher and I give the evil eye to everybody who doesn't behave?)and I think they took ideas away from what was said. I just want to get the job done and go home.

2) Is there anything you could do to make one of them better? Maybe bring knitting, breathing deeply and loudly, (no,no , not that), no wine - too many members of AA. , enlist others indivually to see what we need and let them spread the word. Yes!


3) What are a few of the tasks that you find energizing in ministry? Worship leadership, talking informally with people, teaching Bible classes, but most of all, singing!!!


4) If given a quarterly spiritual day, how would you want to spend it? Reading my books on spirituality andlistening to appropriate music. (well,MB, we are much alike.)


5) If given a quarterly spiritual day, how would you actually spend it? Reading, probably. :)
Same here. And Singing. Loudly.

BONUS: What would your Dream Ministry job include? Listening to people over the long term. And the physical ability to direct a children's choir and do children's musicals. Let's face it, children are more fun than adults and they ask honest questions and get honest answers from me. I looooove children. But my body won't do this anymore, so I teach adults. Less fun, but needed.

No comments: