Thursday, December 17, 2009

Mertzon Elementary Christmas Program

Just returned home from a great program. You'd never know they put it together from ideation on in just one week. It was just great. Then the high school band played. They are fantastic. Watching them come in and out with their parts as directed, makes me sad that we don't have a choir which sings parts. I particularly love motets. But our music is worshipful and very excellent. I can't complain because I'm not going to do anything about it. I do have the children's choir. Our next song is our first outing with 'sort of' instruments. Should be interesting. We are singing an African song' Jesu, Jesu. We have sticks, a tambourine, things with sandpaper to rub against each other and many, many bells. I am warming them up for the next one, which is "The Holy Ghost will set your feet a dancing!" I think the whole church will be dancing after that one! Come and hear!

No comments: