Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Five, again

August 20, 2010
Friday Five: Clutter and stuff


Jan says at RevGals: Since posting about decluttering, I am still muttering about the need for it in my house. How about you?

1. What things do you like to hang on to?

Everything, really. Because I might need it one day. I confess to being a child of the depression, and we really reused everything. I have eaten so many leftovers that it's still hard to throw them out. Sometimes DH looks at me mournfully when I give him three times leftovers. I wish my mother didn't still live in my head

2. What is hard to let go of?

Clothes that I haven't worn in years. Sentimental things here, too. I still have daddy's letter sweater from UF, and the medals he won in the hemispheric olympics in 1925. Need to get those framed, for sure, so they will be right when I pass them on - someday soon. Furniture, quilts, aggggh! What don't I keep? Everything, tho I have passed on whatever I can. Maybe I can organize all this ???? ( I keep saying this- it somehow makes me feel better)


3. What is (WOULD BE) easy to give away? Nothing, of course. Those small clothes? I will probably, hopefully, lose some of this weight. Maybe. Anyway, they are too good to give away. I make progress, tho. There is a recliner, a TV and a sack of clothes in the garage waiting for Christians in Action to come. There is always hope.

4. Is there any kind of stumbling block connected with cleaning out? Already said I will doubtlessly need it. This is even more ridiculous at my age. When will I need it? Probably never. Have a whole box of office supplies, jusst because I love them. No office, tho. So where in this is the need?- nowhere. Besides, my mother always told me never to throw a good thing away.
So there.


5. What do you like to collect, hoard, or admire? Books, mostly, and clothing, and yarn of course. I will win the 'whoever dies with the most yarn wins' contest. The good news is that I have stopped buying yarn and books - mostly. But the ladies at Fiber Arts keep giving me yarn.
So what can I do?

Bonus: Tell us about recycling or whatever you can think of that goes along with this muttering about cluttering.

No one here recycles, that I know of.. We used to recycle newspapers, but the resident out here who did this upped and died so no one picks it up any more. We don't drink soft drinks, and use few cans, but there are things we could recycle I guess????? But where? This is a relatively small town. We try to live as greenly as possible. (Is that a word?)

But all of you already knew this about me. The good news is that my friend, June, is in my life and she will sell anything I can part with on ebay for me. She already sold several useless collections and will doubtless get more. Yay, June!

No comments: