Thursday, May 15, 2008

Good Golly, Miss Molly!

It's true! The older you get the faster time goes. I'd like for some physics genius to prove this because I know it is right.

Last weekend, Scooter planned a suprise trip to Vegas for him and Nancy. He arranged for her to be replaced at school for the 1/2 day necessary, made intricate arrangements for the children, packed her bag (including the children's mother's day gifts),and sent her to the airport on a bogus errand at the right time. This man is a genius. He knows I have a hard time with all three at a time, so I had Saxon all weekend and Mally overnight and part of two days. Spencer could have come for the last night, but as his alternative was staying with his best buddy and shooting things-- I came in a far last. That's ok. The first thing we did was to make a pumpkin pie, Saxon and I. Then he and I and Dad had large pieces. Mally was late that night and didn't know about the pie till Saxon asked if he could have the rest for breakfast. Mally didn't lose any time staking her claim, so the two of them had pie for breakfast. I'm the gran and I say it's ok, so there! They probably needed the pie, just as Spencer needs his coffee (guilty on that one,too).

Actually, during the weekend, Sax came to me and said he was tired of the computer. I never expected to hear that! I told him I would be too, and gave him a really good book! We all three read!

Miss MB is coming to see Nancy and crew on Friday and will get here sometime on Saturday. Monday morning we are going to see my two main physicians as she wants to talk to them. Then, on Tuesday we are looking for Don who is coming to golf with Dad for a couple of days. Hooray!. Family coming!

Here is an observation I have made. I have noticed that the older people get the more they like to look at the weather channel. After mulling this over for a bit, I've decided that where our lives are right now is certainly not the prime of youth. We are slowly failing and can't stop it. It's supposed to happen. The weather is the same. We can watch it, we can sometimes make preparations to protect ourselves from it, but in the end, the weather wins. All the time. Huricanes and earthquakers and drought can't be controlled. When I was a young woman, people were talking about seeding clouds to make it rain where it was needed - it hasn't happend that I've seen.

Thought to mull over.....

"Good and evil both increase at compound interest. That is why the little decisions you and I make every day are of such importance." C.S.Lewis

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I have always liked watching the weather. I can watch the weather channel all the time! And..it's something we have NO CONTROL OVER.

Mary Beth said...

I tagged you for a meme! Let's talk on the phone tonight and I'll walk you thru it. :) Love you.