Friday, February 20, 2009

more to concern us--

I mentioned earlier the situation with salary reductions. There seems to be more and more of that, but worse by far are the folks who are being laid off. The latest here is a respiratory therapist who was laid off for lack of funds, and now untrained orderlies are administering respiratory therapy. Say what? Something really is wrong here. I do expect the salary cuts to go all the way across, and to include Social Security. Which means RCW will have to cut the maintenance fee they ask of us, so their work staff will also be cut. Does anyone really think the phone-electric-gas, etc. industry will charge less? Another thing which really, really concerns me is that I can't think of any way to make the pharmaceutical industry cut the cost of their product. Folks, this is not a product that is optional. The lives of many, many people depend on their meds. Maybe the government will make the drug companies reduce costs, but I'm not betting on it.
We are blessed to have children who will not let us go in want. It awes me sometimes that so much blessing covers us. I do have lots of concern for those not so fortunate. I heard a new prayer today which we all should probably start praying. It's called

P U S H


P ray
U ntil
S omething
H appens

Let's all do this one.....

No comments: