Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Five

For this Friday's Five, share with us five transformations that the coming fall will bring your way.

Bonus: Give us your favorite activity that is made possible by the arrival of fall.

1) I will be able to see properly when the next cataract is removed (Sept 9) and then I will feel so much better. I will trust my color sense much more when I knit my famous Joseph's coat pieces.

2) Again, when I can see properly, I can go back to serving at the altar. This is a calling I treasure.

3) I like to sit in my recliner and look at the red oak across the street which turns fiery reddish orange in the fall. It looks like a living flame and is a constant source of amazement to me.

4) I can wear my winter clothes, which I like so much more than the summer ones. Actually these will be in between clothes, since real winter is so short, but I still am sick of summer clothes.

5.I will begin teaching a church wide series on the E-100 material. We are making this intergenerational also. It consists of the 100 most important readings from the Bible (so someone says). We are to each study 4 of them per week and one will be discussed in depth. Plan to have at least 3 small groups at church and will have two evening home studies. We are pretty stoked about this.

Bonus: think I'll take a leaf from Mary Beth's book and try a cotton sweater. I have one, blue on the top, brown on the bottom, short sleeved. What makes it fun is that the brown part shows the roots of a lot of vegetables and the blue part shows that which grows above. If I can remember I'll take a photo of it and try to put it on here. I bought this one and am making another which will be better, I am sure.. For instance, my carrot will have hairy orange yarn like a real carrot. Texture is the thing here.

No comments: