Saturday, August 30, 2008

Friday Five

Friday five follows:

Tell us about the worst job you ever had.

Happily, I have never had one I disliked. Have had run ins with some principals whose vision of child development is not mine, but the jobs were always good. The years at the bank were difficult since I don't as a rule, balance things. I just write 'adjusted balance in the checkbook and that suffices. Banks look with a jaundiced eye on this, so I had a lot of help here also. But good jobs. I also teach a Bible class and run a hysterical children's choir - both also jobs I love.

2. Tell us about the best job you ever had.
When I had my own private practice of Speech/Language Path. and could work with children the way I thought it should be done. Really miss that.

3. Tell us what you would do if you could do absolutely anything Read and pursue my fiber arts passion all the time.

4. Did you get a break from labor this summer?

I'm retired, so life is a break. Eat your heart out. You too will get there.

5. What will change regarding your work as summer morphs into fall? Are you anticipating or dreading?
Nothing changes but the amount of clothing I wear and whether I plant things or not. Anticipating for sure! I used to work daughter Nancy's stint at the shop in Mertzon, and that was a blast,but the store is closing, so that's out for now.

Bonus question: For the gals who are mothers, do you have an interesting story about labor and delivery (LOL)?

I do remember telling the doctor as I was preparing to deliver my first child ( after 20+ hours) that I had definitely changed my mind and was going home and we could do this another day. Each time the doctor promised me I would forget all of the labor and delivery. . By the last one, I was compelled to tell him I had forgotten nothing, but it was all worth it.

God is good, all the time.........
Posted by MJ at 7:13 PM

No comments: