Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday 10th

2-10
We've had a splendid visit with Mary Beth, (daughter #3) from Denton, and were lucky enough to have her for two and a half days. We did go to see grandkids (niece and nephew for her) play basketball. Very exciting and noisy. Also had lunch with some of the Scott family, so that was another reunion. We spent a large amount of time whipping this computer and printer back into shape so it is again usable. Thanks be for offspring who know their way around electronic things.

We also spent much time knitting and during my perusal of one of her books, I found this quote that I want to share - "I think that knitting is one way to address and even protest many of the problems that plague our culture....Knitting deepens connections between generations, slaps our shallow consumer values in the face and creates a meaningful gift that defies dollars and cents.
(Chris Carusi in The Knitting Way) Nice, isn't it? The more I engage in handwork the more mellowed I get. Always a good thing.

Church this morning was glorious as always. What a blessing to have a place where we are all in harmony with one another and all devoted to the same pursuit. God is good. All the time.

Looking forward to another week. More, as the spirit moves.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

I tagged you for a meme at my place!

http://marybethbutler.typepad.com/terrapin_station/2008/02/book-meme-1.html