Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Five

Friday Five: Coin Toss Edition


1) When was the last time you flipped a coin or even saw one flipped in person?

Many, many,many years....

2) Do you have any foreign coins in your house? If so, where are they from?

Yup. Canada, Mexico, England, France, Israel, and probably others I can't find.

3) A penny saved is a penny earned, they say. But let's get serious. Is there a special place in heaven for pennies, or do you think they'll find a special place in, well, the other place?

Pennies are more trouble than they're worth. I really expect them to be discontinued. What happens then to the $9.99 sales?

4) How much did you get from the tooth fairy when you were a child? and if you have children of your own, do they get coins, or paper money? (I hear there may be some inflation.)

A lovely dime. Lots of money then -- way back in the thirties.

5) Did anyone in your household collect the state quarters? And did anyone in your household manage to sustain the interest required to stick with it?

That would be me. I have five collections going - one for each of the four youngest grands, and one for moi. I am still collecting, and send out occasional updates to kids so they can help me look.I am a collector at heart. When we left Houston for Florida, my children wouldn't let me take my collection of rocks (that was the trip from hell). Actually what they said was something like "no way are we hauling that bowl of rocks all the way to Florida'. So I buried them in the flower bed. I think somehow I had visions of rescuing them years later. I've gotten rid of most of my collections. Still have glass paperweights and seashells, and I have all I need or want of them. The other thing I collect is yarn and that is pretty open ended.There's always room for a bit more.

No comments: