Saturday, October 18, 2008

Once again..

I am going to venture into political waters here, at peril of my life. I keep listening to these two men and to those who speak for them. I hear constantly about the war and about the economy. Yep, these are pretty important. But, but, I have heard nothing about the cost of medicine and the availablity of medical care to those who can't afford it. We are covered by Medicare and a supplement and can go to doctors and hospitals with no more charge. We are among the blessed. But, since Medicare doesn't care if seniors can see, hear or chew,and doesn't cover any of these, I now have huge dental bills. One of these days soon I will need a hearing aid. Maybe I will like not hearing things, but I doubt it. To my mind, these are super important items for the majority of Americans. And the cost of prescription meds is outtasight. We even have a supplement for this, and it lasted until June and ran out. There is no reason here. I fear the drug companies own far too many of our legislators. So why is it that I don't hear McCain or Obama talking about this? Have I missed it? Please tell me I have, and tell me what their plans involve.

I have a young friend who is a physician and spends her time working in the Esperanza clinic in the Hispanic part of town where most folks go without care. Her sense of mission is so great that she didn't take time out to get wed and have kids, she just adopted two Russian children. She is an inspiration to me. Where are the others like Liz? Where, where, where? We have some, but not enough. My medical worries are a drop in the bucket compared to some of the people I know. There has to be a way to fix this.

Anybody know something about this that I have missed?

No comments: